Minor in Islamic Studies at UNCG
Posted on April 5, 2022
You can now minor in Islamic Studies at UNCG! Expand your knowledge of the principles and practices of one of the world’s most rapidly growing religions and explore how Islam has shaped history, language, and politics on a global scale.
FALL 2022 COURSES:
Requirements: Six courses, including one year of beginning Arabic and either HIS 207 OR REL 225.
The following classes in the minor will be offered in Fall 2022:
- ARB 101-01, Beginning Arabic I, MWF 10-10:50am (Prof. Noor Ghazi)*
- HIS 207-01, Islamic Civilization: From Mecca to the Crusades, TR, 11-12:15 (Prof. Asa Eger)*
- ADS 201-03, Introduction to African American Studies, MWF 11-11:50 (Prof. Omar Ali)
- REL 225-01, Introduction to Islam, MWF 11-11:50 (Prof. Alyssa Gabbay)*
- REL 371-01, Topics in Islam: Islam in India, TR 12:30-1:45 (Prof. Alyssa Gabbay)
Questions? E-mail Prof. Alyssa Gabbay email@example.com or Prof. Asa Eger firstname.lastname@example.org.